Dreamcast black screen

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Ratbag

Dreamcast black screen

Postby Ratbag » Sun May 16, 2021 7:57 am

I've had this problem for a while and it's still present on the new version.

When loading Dreamcast game the screen goes black and stays black. When I quit out I see the Dreamcast BIOS has booted in the background. It flashes on screen for a second before quitting.

Games are in CDI format.

I have retrox on both my shield TV devices and the same problem occurs on both.....

I just tried clearing cache on one shield device and now retrox won't start at all. When I click on it it just bounces me to the shield home screen. I think I'll have to reinstall.

Ok. Uninstalled then reinstalled. Same behaviour. Black screen with BIOS flash on exiting.

One last edit: I think per system shader would be a great addition. I mean, handhelds need an LCD shader but then you switch to a genesis game you want CRT. And you got to manually change it.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Dreamcast black screen

Postby fcatrin » Sat May 22, 2021 11:09 pm

Can you try this? If the screen start as black, open the in game menu and then select Cancel, that may show the screen without closing the emulator.

And yes, you are right about the per system shader
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Ratbag

Re: Dreamcast black screen

Postby Ratbag » Sun May 23, 2021 10:30 am

That just goes to the Dreamcast BIOS screen which allows me to change date and time etc. Behind the black screen I hear the Dreamcast swirl sound.

Edit: if I change the time and date in the BIOS the game then boots correctly. But when I exit and enter another game I have to cancel from the black screen to the BIOS and re-enter the time and date!!!

Return to “Troubleshooting”