Unable to detect SD card

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
foot

Unable to detect SD card

Postby foot » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:08 am

Hi,

I brought a new anbernic rg552 n a Sandisk 256gb sd card.

I created a folder - “roms” to store all the various game systems roms on the sd card n intend to point this folder on the retrox.

The retrox is activated on the device and can’t seem to detect the sd card. When I tried to do a manage folder and to create the folder, it threw me an error n was unable to create the folder.

Any advice?

Thank you.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to detect SD card

Postby fcatrin » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:47 pm

The creation may fail because Android is quite picky when allowing apps to write to the drive.
I'll be releasing an update to fix several storage issues later today, hopefully it helps handling this issue with your sd card.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Avandor

Postby Avandor » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:48 pm

Might I get an update on whether things worked out for you? Asking because I faced similar issues in the past but never got the chance to post about it on here!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:17 pm

The release from February the 18th came with these fixes. It seems that fixed the reported issues, but there is a lot of Android devices and versions combinations so if you still have problems, please report back
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Avandor

Postby Avandor » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:44 pm

Gotcha, I'll look into it for my device. Very true about the large number of Android devices, I upgraded my own one recently too.
Avandor

Postby Avandor » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:47 pm

And I appreciate you responding to everyone's queries and whatnot! Really great support!

Return to “Troubleshooting”