Resident Evil 2 (PS1) disk swap issue.

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
avalanche

Resident Evil 2 (PS1) disk swap issue.

Postby avalanche » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:20 am

So I have Resident Evil 2 for the Playstation 1 and there's two disk files for the game. Leon Disk and Clair disk.

The game will always boot the Leon disk disc as the primary disc. To access the Clair disc, you need to swap the disc and then reboot the game.
However, while you can swap the discs in RetroX, there's no way to restart the game after you swapped the disks. I've tried different things but can't find a way around this.

Has any one had luck getting Resident Evil 2 to work on Retro X?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Resident Evil 2 (PS1) disk swap issue.

Postby fcatrin » Thu May 05, 2022 11:21 pm

I see. That cannot be done right now, you always start with the first disk on the set, and there is no way to reset the emulated system
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
avalanche

Re: Resident Evil 2 (PS1) disk swap issue.

Postby avalanche » Sun May 08, 2022 9:14 am

fcatrin wrote:I see. That cannot be done right now, you always start with the first disk on the set, and there is no way to reset the emulated system

Thanks for that Franco.

I tried it on the ePSXe standalone emulator and found it could be done. You can swap the disk in game and then access a Reset game option to reset the game which then boots up disk 2.

Could this be something that can be done in the future?

Thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting”