Issue after Last update 2.6.12

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Menrock

Issue after Last update 2.6.12

Postby Menrock » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:11 pm

When i press play button with my 8bitdo appear that screen explaining How to load save then i press a or b button to Start game all text dissapear and appear again without starting emulation i have tu press x button or y to Start emulation sucessfully then on screen keyboard appear .

Another thing i saw on patch notes about buttons to control retrox with joystick there's a New problem on main menú and game Start menu my buttons have swapped b is SELECT a is back, when i'm playing and press SELECT + Start on that menú b is back and a is SELECT is a bit confusing remember when a is SELECT and back xD before updated all was working well.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Issue after Last update 2.6.12

Postby fcatrin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:21 pm

I see.

The first issue is because in that control the button that you are pressing is recognized as BACK, so it is aborting the game. Sadly, there is no standard of which one is button B and Button A, for example the NES controller has the A button at the top, while the N64 and Nvidia controller has the A button at the bottom.

May be naming them A and B from my part is misleading. It doesn't matter which label your controller has on those buttons because RX can't know it. What matters is how the buttons are mapped as A and B. For RetroX, the A button is the one at the bottom and B is the one at the right.

That change was done only for the RetroX app, so inside the emulator the user interface will be ruled by the original Android logic, may be I must modify the emulator to follow the new rule.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”