Problem Dreamcast Emu

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
deaddisk

Problem Dreamcast Emu

Postby deaddisk » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello,

first i'm new to RetroX, but not in Emulating. It's a wonderful Frontend, thanks for that and I can't wait for the next big updates with new features. :) I'm running RetroX on my Nvidia Shield. All is running prefect, except the Dreamcast. Is there no Bios / Path necessary? The Roms are on my external hdd. RetroX scrape the games, but if I push play, the screen faded to a black/blue screen and nothing happen :(

Any hints how I can solve the problem? Thanks for helping!

One more question: if I have for example more Roms from the same SNES Game (trainers, different releases), can I group them to one and choose by clicking which version I want start? This would help for the clarity.

And a not complicatet button mapping would be nice ;)

Bye and regards!

Kay
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Problem Dreamcast Emu

Postby fcatrin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:19 am

deaddisk wrote:Hello,

first i'm new to RetroX, but not in Emulating. It's a wonderful Frontend, thanks for that and I can't wait for the next big updates with new features. :) I'm running RetroX on my Nvidia Shield. All is running prefect, except the Dreamcast. Is there no Bios / Path necessary? The Roms are on my external hdd. RetroX scrape the games, but if I push play, the screen faded to a black/blue screen and nothing happen :(

Any hints how I can solve the problem? Thanks for helping!

You don't need to set up a BIOS path. Can you take a shot of the screen that you are seeings? There are no other reports of problems with Dreamcast support.

deaddisk wrote:One more question: if I have for example more Roms from the same SNES Game (trainers, different releases), can I group them to one and choose by clicking which version I want start? This would help for the clarity.

There is no grouping right now, but it is a requested feature for system like MAME where there are tons of versions for some games! It's in our TO DO list.

deaddisk wrote:And a not complicatet button mapping would be nice ;)

Currently most buttons are automapped for common controls. If you need to change a button the procedure is:

1. Highlight the button
2. Press the button in your controller

If there an idea to make it in less steps, it'll be interesting :-)

Cheers!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Menrock

Postby Menrock » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:06 am

I had this problem when i used retrox first time is because rom name contain symbols #(!)"... try to remove symbols this happens for every emulator.

I used advanced renamer is free and you can rename every file on folders with 1 click, just add templates then wait for magic.
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:23 am

Thanks for the fast reply

I choose a game, press any buton, then this is the picture if I start a Dreamcast game. All Roms are from Emuparadise and in GDI Format.

Covers are not avaible too:

deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 am

@Menrock:

Thanks, i give it a try :)
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 am

I've been having the same issue with Dreamcast. My roms are also on a external drive also.
Menrock

Postby Menrock » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:19 pm

deaddisk wrote:Thanks for the fast reply

I choose a game, press any buton, then this is the picture if I start a Dreamcast game. All Roms are from Emuparadise and in GDI Format.

Covers are not avaible too:

>Your roms have (),, symbols remove and play !!!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Let me know if that fixes it please!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:10 am

fcatrin wrote:Let me know if that fixes it please!

Could having those symbols in the name for PS1 games cause issues for it scrapping properly?
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 am

I download some “original“ KALISTO Releases in *.Cdi (one single File format) to test them soon (i'm at work). The *.Gdi Format is tricky to rename it (delete all "(),..." etc., because in the *Gdi Text file must be delete "(),..." too. And that for every game?

Are there users here which uses *Gdi Isos successful?

Return to “Troubleshooting”