Trouble with GDrive and Windows 10 share

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
thomas

Trouble with GDrive and Windows 10 share

Postby thomas » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:50 am

Hi!

Using RetroX on a 2017 Shield TV.

I've tried adding both a GDrive folder and a shared win10-folder without luck.

My Win10 pc is on my local network and is accessible through ES File Explorer (SMB1/CIFS is enabled), but when choosing "Home Network / NAS", I only get a login screen. I've tried several combinations of COMPUTER/USER without luck. After entering smb://COMPUTER/USER and my password, the file picker has a spinning circle with the text "Loading folder". Nothing more happens.

So I tried putting the files on my GDrive, but when I choose Google Drive from the file picker, I get the message "You don't have an app for this". I am logged in with my google-user. I tried disconnection my google-user from retrox, but after the restart it seems like I was logged in automatically.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with GDrive and Windows 10 share

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:57 pm

thomas wrote:My Win10 pc is on my local network and is accessible through ES File Explorer (SMB1/CIFS is enabled), but when choosing "Home Network / NAS", I only get a login screen. I've tried several combinations of COMPUTER/USER without luck. After entering smb://COMPUTER/USER and my password, the file picker has a spinning circle with the text "Loading folder". Nothing more happens.

Make sure that you enter only the username and password. The app will automatically build a location with that data as follows:

smb://user:password@/ to ask for workgroups, then
smb://user:password@workgroup/ to ask for servers, and then
smb://user:password@server/ to ask for shares, and finally
smb://user:password@server/folder to start browsing your files.

If you put an URL in the user entry, the URL will be malformed as this:

smb://computer/user:password@/...

Only put the user name in the field that ask for the user name.

thomas wrote:So I tried putting the files on my GDrive, but when I choose Google Drive from the file picker, I get the message "You don't have an app for this". I am logged in with my google-user. I tried disconnection my google-user from retrox, but after the restart it seems like I was logged in automatically.

That's because Google now forbids the user to log in unless you have a web browser installed in your device. If there is no web browser, Google denies the access. Install Google Chrome and it will work.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
thomas

Postby thomas » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

I got Drive working, but I still can't connect to my win10 shared folder. I get the following error message:

"Login failure: unknown user name or bad password. The requested path is password protected. smb://"

My u/p is correct for my win10 share and I'm able to connect via ES File Explorer.

Any tips?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Try adding at least one public folder, even if empty. Just for testing.
That should let you browse your workgroups at least. Then later make sure that you enter your password correctly for your private folder
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”