DOSBOX COVER Art

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
deaddisk

DOSBOX COVER Art

Postby deaddisk » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Hello,

Today i try the DOSBOX. Most of the games run out of the box without any problems - thanks for that. The problem is like for example at Amiga too, many missing Cover Arts - at DOSBOX are only a few Covers. The Roms are all well named an its own folders, no ",()[]" etc.

Any hints for the many missing covers?

Regards and go on with your good support and work!
KingPepper50

Re: DOSBOX COVER Art

Postby KingPepper50 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:14 am

All I do is use Google, I type in name of game into the browser plus PC, wait for Google to find what it can, then click on images tab, that usually shows the cover / box art, I download that image, and rename it, "Game title.cover.jpg".
That has worked for me, for every game system, I have searched for even, MSX cover art.
And yes I know this does take a very long time to do especially if you have hundreds of games.
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:58 am

KingPepper50 wrote:And yes I know this does take a very long time to do especially if you have hundreds of games.

Thanks for your answer - but that can not be the solution for thousand of roms :)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:06 am

I must add that artwork. It's not done yet.
The guys from RetroMania have helped with MOST systems, but computer systems are lagging behind. They will have artwork as time passes.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”