Options Button Malfunction

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Hot3l

Options Button Malfunction

Postby Hot3l » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:11 am

Hey,

I currently am playing retrox on my 2015 Nvidia Shield tv.

For no rhyme or reason, retrox on my shield has stopped responding to the green Shield button to prompt the options menu.
It was working absolutely fine a couple of days ago (friday night/saturday morning) but in order to get the options menu now i have to repeatedly tap the button and just hope the menu comes up.

I've done just about everything, but not limited to, unpairing the controllers (i have 2 shield controllers and 1 8bitdo), uninstalling and reinstalling retrox, tried different games and emulators and restarting the shield.

Reinstalling the program hasn't helped anything. It was a final straw situation but it didn't help. The buttons themselves still work because the shield is still really responsive to them outside retrox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
shaneypopsjedi

Re: Options Button Malfunction

Postby shaneypopsjedi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:13 pm

This happened to me earlier today after an update of the multi emulator add on, but figured out that start & back pressed simultaneously now brings up menu option
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Options Button Malfunction

Postby fcatrin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm

It's a problem with the update to fix the multi-button support. I have to debug this problem yet.

Meanwhile you can press START, keep it pressed and then press SELECT to bring the in-game menu up.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”