DREAMCAST games missing graphics

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
robj80

DREAMCAST games missing graphics

Postby robj80 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Few games I play there are missing graphics. Either things do not show up or random polygons will just turn to black while playing. For example

I played CannonSpike and I can not see the enemies. Their shadows show up but the enemy itself is not there. On Dynamite Cop the backgrounds just keep flickering to black and on Virtua Tennis the same with the players faces and the instant replays are all just a black screen. Similar issues on Sonic Adventure 2 and Skies of Arcadia. Skies had another issue where if you leave the game alone for awhile and don't move or hit a button it will freeze but that's an issue for another day.

I downloaded all .gdi's from Emuparadise unzipped them and put on an approved USB 3.0 Flash drive that is plugged into my Nvidia Shield TV (2017).

Is this normal? Is there any settings to correct this?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: DREAMCAST games missing graphics

Postby fcatrin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:17 pm

This is normal, emulation is not 100% perfect for all Dreamcast games.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Re: DREAMCAST games missing graphics

Postby robj80 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did some more digging and just as you said it's parr for the course with emulation. I even found people with my specific issues on certain games.

Return to “Troubleshooting”