8bitdo N64 bluetooth controller config

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
chawoja06

8bitdo N64 bluetooth controller config

Postby chawoja06 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Hey Im having issues configureing my 8bitdo N64 controller. I seem to have it configured somewhat correctly, but all my buttons are used up on the controller and in the config picture it shows a MOD button, that i dont have enough buttons on the controller to choose. It seems to work in games, but i can not get to the menu to exit games. Is there an easier way to set this particular controller up. Thanks
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: 8bitdo N64 bluetooth controller config

Postby fcatrin » Fri May 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Ups.. actually I didn't think about that.

The support for that controller is absolutely experimental because I don't have one to test here, and yes, those don't have a "SELECT" button which is the one that would go in the "MODE" position.

Please can you try this?

* Enable the 8bit experimental support in the gamepad options. That should automap your controller. I don't know if that will work, nobody have reported me issues or success with it.
* If you have another controller for that device, press the BACK button. That will bring the options menu up to exit the emulator

Thanks.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”