Sharp X68000 emulation on RetroArch

Upcoming features ands announcements in general
fcatrin
Site Admin

Sharp X68000 emulation on RetroArch

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:29 pm

The guys from RetroArch announced that they have a new core to emulate the amazing Sharp X68000. I wanted to add this machine in the future but given that it was only available through a standalone emulator, it would be tons of work. Now that it is part of RetroArch it should be easy to add it, but I think it will require some extra work because it requires a keyboard and there is no suitable onscreen keyboard for Android TV yet.

Anyways, these are fantastic news from RetroArch
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/new- ... slinuxmac/
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Retroash

Re: Sharp X68000 emulation on RetroArch

Postby Retroash » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:47 pm

A man after my own heart.

I have been very keen to emulate this rare gem of a computer/games machine, especially for driod. seems support has been very little.

I was able to grab a early beta copy of the core and manually uploaded it to Retroarch which was a nightmare in itself to only find a few weeks they added it to the list of supported cores.

This system has some excellent conversions with loads of shooters and the music uses midi addons. It would be interesting to see if the extra midi add-ons can also be emulated, currently they are not.

I was able to play games that required 2 disks by using the .cmd feature. Castlevania is really good and so is Salamander.

However some games like Thunder blade I couldn't get to work. They would boot to a screen and i couldn't get any further, some games need mouse emulation to select things.

I will been following the progress of this with keen interest. I know there's a lot involved into getting this working as some games require more ram and something called Human and the F11 access the Switch menu. Needs to be made simpler.

Ashley
Belos

Postby Belos » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:10 pm

HI, maybe this is one old post but i want to start playing old retro sharp games, but i need some advice which emulator to chose from the list of Sharp X68000 Emulators.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:24 am

I would try with RetroArch
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “News and Announcements”