Hi!

Upcoming features ands announcements in general
Menrock

Hi!

Postby Menrock » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:56 pm

I'm new here, i discovered this app looking for alternatives to launchbox on android and i think retrox is the best option, i want to buy a 8bitdo controller to play, this controller works well with this app?

How about sonic adventure 2 emulation? because i loooooove this game, i tried some emulators but freeze on second level load.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Hi!

Postby fcatrin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Menrock wrote:I'm new here, i discovered this app looking for alternatives to launchbox on android and i think retrox is the best option, i want to buy a 8bitdo controller to play, this controller works well with this app?

Those are very popular controllers. The SNES type ones work without issues, but the N64 one is not supported as full as we'd like for N64 games

Menrock wrote:How about sonic adventure 2 emulation? because i loooooove this game, i tried some emulators but freeze on second level load.

Note that RetroX is not an emulator on itself, so it all depends on the emulator running. If that one is for Dreamcast, we use Reicast and if the game crashed with the standalone Reicast will crash running it from RetroX as well.

There is a 5 days free trial that you can use to test the app fully

Cheers!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Menrock

Postby Menrock » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 am

Whats wrong with n64 8bitdo controller? My cousin want to but one and use on this app
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 pm

it will work but it will be confusing to map it properly for N64 games. You can do it but it will require patience.
I tried to make an automatic setup for that controller, but I don't have one so I can't test it, and users have reported that the mapping is not right.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Menrock

Postby Menrock » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:14 am

About Sonic aventure 2 third level load work perfect.

My mistake i said 2nd level before is 3rd level after fighting eggman first time that prison level load without problem on retrox

Return to “News and Announcements”