Upcoming features ands announcements in general
RetroMania

Re: Official Roadmap for RetroX

Postby RetroMania » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Patience is a virtue
Johnelogie

Postby Johnelogie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Single dev. Roadmap is just an outline and there are no true software developers who consider it canon. As for the rubbish that you are just a beta tester for a full fledged app ... bullshit. This app does everything it is advertised to do. There are no features withheld from anyone. If you have false expectations thwn that is on you, not the developer.

Buying an app based on possible future features was on your part, not false advertising.

I use this app and think its much better than any competing app out there. Paid or free. And no ... I don't consider myself cheated in any way. If you feel cheated, you should possibly readjust your expectations along with your attitude.

And many thanks Franco. Retrox is amazing.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Johnelogie wrote:Single dev. Roadmap is just an outline and there are no true software developers who consider it canon. As for the rubbish that you are just a beta tester for a full fledged app ... bullshit. This app does everything it is advertised to do. There are no features withheld from anyone. If you have false expectations thwn that is on you, not the developer.

Buying an app based on possible future features was on your part, not false advertising.

I use this app and think its much better than any competing app out there. Paid or free. And no ... I don't consider myself cheated in any way. If you feel cheated, you should possibly readjust your expectations along with your attitude.

And many thanks Franco. Retrox is amazing.

RetroX could be amazing.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:42 pm

fcatrin wrote:Well, offline code is there, needs more testing. Given that the app is designed for TV devices, always connected to the internet, there are a lot of corner cases to cover. And as I told you before, I will not risk the whole app for just a few users.

You have to wait.

Designed for TV? Every device defaults to tablet or phone mode in display/interface settings. I get confused, I guess. Because it looks like it was designed to be used by a corner case as well.

And as a "corner case" I paid just like everyone else.

As far as all the folks telling me to be patient, this is obviously pretty important as it is at the top of the list on the road map / guide lines.

So don't act like I don't have a right to complain. Bunch of self righteous jerks.
robj80

Postby robj80 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:13 am

I got an update. No clue what is different. Maybe it is the offline stuff?
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:07 am

robj80 wrote:I got an update. No clue what is different. Maybe it is the offline stuff?

Just an update to let you see the FPS for your games.

Well it is a start.
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Fredoias wrote:
fcatrin wrote:Well, offline code is there, needs more testing. Given that the app is designed for TV devices, always connected to the internet, there are a lot of corner cases to cover. And as I told you before, I will not risk the whole app for just a few users.

You have to wait.

Designed for TV? Every device defaults to tablet or phone mode in display/interface settings. I get confused, I guess. Because it looks like it was designed to be used by a corner case as well.

As far as all the folks telling me to be patient, this is obviously pretty important as it is at the top of the list on the road map / guide lines.

So don't act like I don't have a right to complain. Bunch of self righteous jerks.

While you have paid for the right to own a copy of a app, I don't understand why you feel it's necessary to be rude to other people on this forum and be constantly rude and harassing to the developer.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:50 am

avalanche wrote:
Fredoias wrote:

You have to wait.

While you have paid for the right to own a copy of a app, I don't understand why you feel it's necessary to be rude to other people on this forum and be constantly rude and harassing to the developer.

Sorry if I offended you. I just don't like being told that I am less important than another paying customer. As far as being rude, if you look at all of the comments it goes both ways.

I get it, maybe I am a little bit impatient. But this is the most expensive app I've ever ever paid for. Premium cost, premium service. At least we aren't pounded by ads like "free to play" crap. There is a lot to like about RetroX, but if I can't use it offline it is not really useful to me unless I am sitting at home.

Expectations are high, well at least by me anyway. If you are satisfied I am happy for you. But at this point in time, my satisfaction is less than it should be.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:48 am

Fredoias wrote:Designed for TV? Every device defaults to tablet or phone mode in display/interface settings. I get confused, I guess. Because it looks like it was designed to be used by a corner case as well.

Every device that is not known as a TV compatible device is set to the mobile / tablet user interface as a workaround.

The app was called RetroBox TV for a long time, it is distributed by the xTV Apps site, and when you buy it, there is a demo of the app running on Android TV. It IS designed for TV and, guess why should I know that? Because I am the designer, and I decide what users and devices I will target, because I cannot please them all. Even when I add a new supported system, people ask me for a system that is not supported, even when I already support all the main systems (except C64) and soon they will be 30.

I just cannot pick up the toys of every user that drops them on the floor.

When you install the app, I give 5 days for the users to try it out and see if it they like it or not, then the users decide to buy it or not. Why an user decided to buy it then blame me because they made a purchase is something that is becoming a bit hard to understand for me. I don't put pressure on anybody, and people always can install the emulators and set them up for free, they will lose some features that are included with the app like automatic cloud saves, but that's what they get if they want to save the money that they may spent in a good breakfast.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:33 am

This is what I don't get. People will go and see a movie and that will cost you twice as much as a lifetime copy of RetroX. Most of the time the movie will suck but people will just move on with their lives. But it seems when it comes to apps and games, people get so mad and hold grudges against developers even though they could just find an alternative.

Return to “News and Announcements”