Official Roadmap for RetroX

Upcoming features ands announcements in general
zulu

Re: Official Roadmap for RetroX

Postby zulu » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 am

Fredoias wrote:
fcatrin wrote:I can just refund you. USD$12 against USD$4.000+ for the work needed for offline sounds like a good business to me.

Not gonna let you get rid of me that easy.

If you are going to not do the offline mode. For goodness sake please get it off your road map. You are just leaving people believing that you are actually doing something, when you are actually not doing anything. You haven't updated crap in months, oh sorry. FPS display.

Just update your website to say screw you to the people who have supported you. Be honest about it and just revise your plans. That way I can tell people at least you were honest about something.

When some say that it needs 4,000 dollars worth of time it probably means its a painful implementation. If you are buying a software for what it could be... You are the greatest bs in the world. The tone of your paraphrase belongs to the worst type of customer in the world. Chill out and relax, don't take your anger out on others, they don't deserve your grunt.

Consider the codes needed for offline, a new authentication system more than likely needed this will opens the door up for hacking, reverse engineering or modding, the only fail safe is online authentication. Have you seen any mmo being hacked for free online time?

Thinking on the offline, maybe a restricted mode is needed rather than anything. You already have a you can pay x games for free even when the trials is or have expired, maybe allow us to add x amount of games as favourites or similar to play it when re authentication have failed? When people are traveling they will more than likely want to continue their game and not a totally new one. It's a simple implementation.

I understand why the developer want to protect his hard work, it's time and money.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:56 am

zulu wrote:
Fredoias wrote:
fcatrin wrote:I can just refund you. USD$12 against USD$4.000+ for the work needed for offline sounds like a good business to me.

Not gonna let you get rid of me that easy.

If you are going to not do the offline mode. For goodness sake please get it off your road map. You are just leaving people believing that you are actually doing something, when you are actually not doing anything. You haven't updated crap in months, oh sorry. FPS display.

Just update your website to say screw you to the people who have supported you. Be honest about it and just revise your plans. That way I can tell people at least you were honest about something.

When some say that it needs 4,000 dollars worth of time it probably means its a painful implementation. If you are buying a software for what it could be... You are the greatest bs in the world. The tone of your paraphrase belongs to the worst type of customer in the world. Chill out and relax, don't take your anger out on others, they don't deserve your grunt.

Consider the codes needed for offline, a new authentication system more than likely needed this will opens the door up for hacking, reverse engineering or modding, the only fail safe is online authentication. Have you seen any mmo being hacked for free online time?

Thinking on the offline, maybe a restricted mode is needed rather than anything. You already have a you can pay x games for free even when the trials is or have expired, maybe allow us to add x amount of games as favourites or similar to play it when re authentication have failed? When people are traveling they will more than likely want to continue their game and not a totally new one. It's a simple implementation.

I understand why the developer want to protect his hard work, it's time and money.

I work in customer service, so believe me when I say the customer is not always right. However the lack of transparency here is staggering. He has apparently known for quite a while now that the offline mode is a nogo.

The key is is to under promise and over deliver not to over promise and under deliver.

Change the roadmap to say that he has no intention of ever implementing the offline mode.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:37 pm

zulu wrote:When some say that it needs 4,000 dollars worth of time it probably means its a painful implementation. If you are buying a software for what it could be... You are the greatest bs in the world. The tone of your paraphrase belongs to the worst type of customer in the world. Chill out and relax, don't take your anger out on others, they don't deserve your grunt.

That's exactly the case. USD$4.000 is one month of work for me, which I already have spent in the bloody offline code, just to have to read from time to time those kind of posts. I repeat again, I'm not releasing an offline version without making sure that it is safe to do it. RetroX is not a side project, it is my main work today and I will not risk to "lose my job" because one user pushes me to release.

I didn't quit my day job to have another boss.

I've been quite transparent, I also messaged this user exposing some of my personal life which I now know it was a big mistake.

Not doing anything? My github is public, you can see some stuff there. The RetroX code is not public but they have an activity graph and it is far from "not doing anything".

http://github.com/fcatrin

zulu wrote:Thinking on the offline, maybe a restricted mode is needed rather than anything. You already have a you can pay x games for free even when the trials is or have expired, maybe allow us to add x amount of games as favourites or similar to play it when re authentication have failed? When people are traveling they will more than likely want to continue their game and not a totally new one. It's a simple implementation.

It is reverted to the trial state with the 6 games limit. I like your idea though, may be that 6 games could be the last played ones.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:25 am

Fredoias wrote:

However the lack of transparency here is staggering. He has apparently known for quite a while now that the offline mode is a nogo.

I'd go as far as saying this the lack of transparency about the offline mode is up there with the jfk assassination, Roswell and the 9/11 conspiracy.
Zero1

Postby Zero1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Hello

I was about to purchase RetroX then I noticed the always on DRM.
I use an Amazon Fire 8" HD WIFI only tablet, most of the time I don't have any connection which makes RetroX useless to me, this is the one and only reason I will not be paying for RetroX, which is a shame as I liked using it.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 pm

avalanche wrote:
Fredoias wrote:

However the lack of transparency here is staggering. He has apparently known for quite a while now that the offline mode is a nogo.

I'd go as far as saying this the lack of transparency about the offline mode is up there with the jfk assassination, Roswell and the 9/11 conspiracy.

You forgot about the Illuminati.
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:58 pm

fcatrin wrote:
zulu wrote:When some say that it needs 4,000 dollars worth of time it probably means its a painful implementation. If you are buying a software for what it could be... You are the greatest bs in the world. The tone of your paraphrase belongs to the worst type of customer in the world. Chill out and relax, don't take your anger out on others, they don't deserve your grunt.

That's exactly the case. USD$4.000 is one month of work for me, which I already have spent in the bloody offline code, just to have to read from time to time those kind of posts. I repeat again, I'm not releasing an offline version without making sure that it is safe to do it. RetroX is not a side project, it is my main work today and I will not risk to "lose my job" because one user pushes me to release.

I didn't quit my day job to have another boss.

I've been quite transparent, I also messaged this user exposing some of my personal life which I now know it was a big mistake.

Not doing anything? My github is public, you can see some stuff there. The RetroX code is not public but they have an activity graph and it is far from "not doing anything".

http://github.com/fcatrin

zulu wrote:Thinking on the offline, maybe a restricted mode is needed rather than anything. You already have a you can pay x games for free even when the trials is or have expired, maybe allow us to add x amount of games as favourites or similar to play it when re authentication have failed? When people are traveling they will more than likely want to continue their game and not a totally new one. It's a simple implementation.

It is reverted to the trial state with the 6 games limit. I like your idea though, may be that 6 games could be the last played ones.

Would it be possible instead of it being the last 6 games played you could have 6 games selected for an offline mode? which you can select and have available when offline?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:07 am

Everything is possible. I only need to put ideas in a balance.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:20 pm

With the offline mode being put on ice is anything else moving up to take top priority spot? Themes or possibly a new emulator?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:48 pm

GameCube and Themes in parallel
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “News and Announcements”