RetroX on an Amazon streaming device?

Compatibility and performance of existing hardware
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Hardware guide at http://retrox.tv/hardware
Avandor

RetroX on an Amazon streaming device?

Postby Avandor » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:04 pm

Hey everyone!

Lately, I've been looking into getting an Amazon streaming device for my living room TV and I'd love to get some help with things.

I've been doing a lot of research, and as of right now my primary options are either the Fire TV Cube or the FireStick. I've looked into a fair few comparison guides for both (like this one) to help pick between the two, and from what I gather the FireStick is more worthwhile since it can do about everything the Cube can, except the voice features, I think.

I noticed the hardware section of the website doesn't say anything about the Amazon devices so I'm assuming it isn't there just yet, but provided I get the FireStick, can I maybe expect RetroX support anytime soon?

Appreciate any answers!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: RetroX on an Amazon streaming device?

Postby fcatrin » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:09 pm

From what I know RetroX works well on Amazon devices, I had two Fire TV (Stick and Box) and they worked great at that time.
My only advice is that even when the Stick versions can do streaming without issues, they have less raw power than the box/cube ones, and that's what RetroX and emulators uses most. So if possible, try going for a non-stick device
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Hardware”