Xbox One Controllers - Lag

Compatibility and performance of existing hardware
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Hardware guide at http://retrox.tv/hardware
natemac00

Xbox One Controllers - Lag

Postby natemac00 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:19 pm

So we were playing RetroX last night, we had 4 contorllers connected; 2 Shield controllers & 2 Xbox One Bluetooth controllers...
We noticed in the Xbox One Controllers that we were getting lag or no communication to the games speraticly threw the game play (n64 and MAME, those are the only two we played). We swapped batteries and repaired and restarted as far as troubleshooting. Any known issues about this or something we can do to fix this?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Xbox One Controllers - Lag

Postby fcatrin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:26 am

I haven't heard about a problem like this, only from PS4 controllers because they hog the bus sending data.

I'll ask some xbox users to check this
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
teaddict4ever

Postby teaddict4ever » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:42 am

that's strange...
I know that the wireless dongle for xbox one can support up to 8 controllers (Xbox one controllers..).
I don't know if you can change the channels with the wireless dongle for xbox one.

Maybe too much wireless machines in your playing ground ?

Is your android machine connected on internet through a wire or wifi ? If you can plug a wire and see .. maybe a difference ??
Hardware used : Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16Go + 1 Hdd 2 To
natemac00

Postby natemac00 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:11 pm

teaddict4ever wrote:that's strange...
I know that the wireless dongle for xbox one can support up to 8 controllers (Xbox one controllers..).
I don't know if you can change the channels with the wireless dongle for xbox one.

Maybe too much wireless machines in your playing ground ?

Is your android machine connected on internet through a wire or wifi ? If you can plug a wire and see .. maybe a difference ??

No dongle, Bluetooth Xbox One S controller. It was a hotel, so was on WiFi.
PPGG

Postby PPGG » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Hello RetroX community,
I have a related question regarding the Nvidia Shield 2017 and other wireless controllers.

I want to buy more controllers to my Nvidia Shield, and I want to understand which wireless controllers can sync directly with the shield hardware.
Buying another Nvidia gamepad is an option, but they are quite expensive.

Searching on-line, it seems that new controllers developed for PS4 and Xbox One S are able to sync (i.e. without the need of a RF dongle connected to a USB port). Is that correct ?

What about 8BitDo gamepads ? Is it possible to sync them directly to a Nvidia Shield 2017 ?

What about other manufactures ?

Thanks a lot for the infortmation.
P. Silva
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:32 pm

I've used several bluetooth controllers with my shield, including one from 8bitdo. They all worked fine with it.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:36 pm

I should add... avoid any PS3 compatible controller. They are troublesome when wireless.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
PPGG

Postby PPGG » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:46 pm

fcatrin wrote:I've used several bluetooth controllers with my shield, including one from 8bitdo. They all worked fine with it.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Regarding the controllers you have tested ...

Do you need to connect a bluetooth dongle to a USB port to use those controllers ?
Or is the Nvidia shield 2017 able to "detect" the new accessory and sync directly to the new controller ?

A list of controllers that can sync directly to the Nvidia Shield (i.e. can be detected) would be very useful ...

Best regards,
P. silva
Tw3ak

Postby Tw3ak » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:00 pm

PPGG wrote:
fcatrin wrote:I've used several bluetooth controllers with my shield, including one from 8bitdo. They all worked fine with it.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Regarding the controllers you have tested ...

Do you need to connect a bluetooth dongle to a USB port to use those controllers ?
Or is the Nvidia shield 2017 able to "detect" the new accessory and sync directly to the new controller ?

A list of controllers that can sync directly to the Nvidia Shield (i.e. can be detected) would be very useful ...

Best regards,
P. silva

I am also curious about this i have been considering a Gamesir G3 as i have heard good things about them but i am not sure if it is detected by shield via BT or needs usb 2.4 Ghz dongle so i have been hesitant to get one as both usb ports on my shield are in use and can't be used for usb dongle controller.
PPGG

Postby PPGG » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:40 pm

My understanding so far is that Nvidia shield and the last generation PlayStation & Xbox use the same communication standard for their respective wireless controllers: Bluetooth 4.x

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth#v4.0

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One_controller

https://www.cnet.com/products/nvidia-sh ... oth/specs/

Therefore any third party controller that is able to pair directly to Xbox one X or PlayStation 4 should connect to the Nvidia shield directly as well.

That's important because I also don't want to spend my USB ports with gamepads. Better save them for other uses ...

Return to “Hardware”