[RELEASE] 2.6.8 - Amiga Nueva

Upcoming features ands announcements in general
fcatrin
Site Admin

[RELEASE] 2.6.8 - Amiga Nueva

Postby fcatrin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 pm

A new release is available, and as you may guess from the title this is about the Commodore Amiga!

We enabled the support for Amiga 600 configurations. The emulator had the support disabled but the basic stuff to make an A600 preset was there. This is a feature that was requested by some advanced users that wanted to run games using the ECS chipset, this is can be done in the standalone emulators by setting up the chipset, memory and kickstart version by separate, but we did it "RetroX" style: Just select A600 and RetroX automatically will choose ECS + 2MB RAM + Kickstart 2.05.

We also added support for Hard Drive Files (HDF). Instead of adding floppy drive images, you can add a Hard Drive image to boot your games as fast and simple as possible. This was already supported in the emulator so we just needed to allow the file to be detected and then loaded up in the emulator. Thanks to the user steviebwoy for pointing this out in this same forum.

Amiga system selection.png
Amiga system selection.png (439.24 KiB) Viewed 9021 times
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
steviebwoy

Re: [RELEASE] 2.6.8 - Amiga Nueva

Postby steviebwoy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:55 pm

That's great! Thank you!

The only problem I have is that autofire appears to be set on, which means that I can only pass in Sensible Soccer, and not shoot. Could you turn autofire off please? Normally, a short tap of the joystick fire button is pass, and a hold of the fire button is shoot but because autofire is set on I can't do a hold of the fire button! :(

Failing that, could you just add the options to configure this in the Config menu please?
steviebwoy

Postby steviebwoy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:16 pm

... it's either autofire or some severe input lag. Are you able to load that SWOS file I uploaded the other day and tell me what you reckon?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:30 am

There is no auto fire, so it must be an input lag. You have to fix that in your TV, make sure that you are using "game mode" or any other game that disables any post processing

http://retrox.tv/help has detailed info.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
steviebwoy

Postby steviebwoy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:20 am

That's weird, I don't get input lag on any other game and because I'm in HDMI mode on my Shield, my TV doesn't have a Gaming mode.

Are you able to (when you get a spare moment) just try this for me please? Just play a friendly or something, and see if you get any lag? I'm trying to work out whether it's my setup or whether it's the emulator:

Sensible World of Soccer 2016/17

The file is .hdf so it should load in a few seconds. Note that you'll need to run it under A1200 mode.

Thanks Franco :) :)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:32 pm

I played it, it was the game that I used for testing. I didn't have problems on controls _only_ that I felt it too fast
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
steviebwoy

Postby steviebwoy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Ah okay, I played it again last night and I think you're right - I rebooted my Shield and now it seems fine, weirdly enough! Thanks for your help :)

Return to “News and Announcements”