Romflix

Emulators and emulation technology
Forum rules
Discussion about emulators included in RetroX. If you want to talk about front ends, recommendation about features is fine, but advertising is not. Insisting users will be banned
deaddisk

Romflix

Postby deaddisk » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:34 pm

http://www.arcadepunks.com/romflix-android-retro-gaming-front-end-developed-marco/

Hello, today i´m cruising through my favorite retro gaming bookmarks my eyes see this "romflix" Launcher. Looks good. RetroX is still my favorite, also because of the good support, but can´t wait for updates especially in the Themeing - the list view at "romflix" ist very nice.

fcatrin: Continue with your good work so far!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Romflix

Postby fcatrin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Oh yeah! I saw it. They used the same design of RetroPie/EmulationStation, a lot of people like that design and it will be included with the themes release.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Brent

Postby Brent » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:39 am

Got and played.

OK - early days so a bit basic, external emulators aplenty needed so makes shield frontend bloated.
Still HyperSpin for eye candy and RetroX for just plain playability :)

Still waiting for the theming to move RetroX up to the top spot (which I know it will) :) :)

Brent
Brent
(Mr. Eye Candy)
Retroash

Postby Retroash » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:19 pm

tried Romflix, looks nice and like the ability to download roms and art packs within the emulator. Runs on a Kodi build with advanced launcher for the emulators. not bad but very buggy.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:15 pm

The buggy part may be fixed in the future, but downloading games from the app is illegal. We did it in the very beginnings of RetroX but stopped doing it for the same reason.

Well, here comes some nasty background info. I don't care to much, but I think it would be good to let you know about it.

I know the guys behind this app, the artwork packs where originally prepared for RetroX by the RetroManiaUK group, it took a lot of time to get them together and named right, then a dozen of guys who were angry because they had to pay for RetroX created another group called RetroManiacUS, they grabbed all the RetroX artwork packs and announced them as theirs. Romflix is their response to RetroX.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Retroash

Postby Retroash » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:14 am

Wow.... filthy scoundrels. well it didn't stay installed long on my shield. people need to get over paying for things.

I paid for RetroX before even using the trial.

RetroX will be everything Romflix hopes to be and will never be as good.

Return to “Emulation”