Lost all my memory card saves

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
robj80

Lost all my memory card saves

Postby robj80 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 pm

So I decided to see if another emulator (retroarch and reicast) could get me past a part in a game where retrox reboots. I couldn't even get the other emulators to even work so I deleted the apps and the files associated with them. Now it appears all my saves are gone. Not the save states but memory card saves like on psx and Dreamcast. Also I changed the time on the clock setup when opening a DC game and now that clock never shows up anymore. Not sure if it is connected.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Lost all my memory card saves

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:59 am

A copy of those files is backed up in our server, and they should be downloaded automatically even if you delete them.
Look for those files in your account at http://login.retrox.tv

Also, the name of the games must be the same that you used to create those files, may be you changed them in the process?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:07 pm

I posted the reply on the FB page. We can continue the conversation here or there doesn't matter to me. Hopefully this gets resolved.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:57 pm

I prefer here, so others may help as well
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm

OK here is good. This was my response on FB my name is Robert Wilkus on there.

I had a DC game that kept booting me out. So I tried using other emulators (reicast, retroarch) to play the game and see if I could get past the trouble area. Well those emulators were no help because neither would run DC games. Something to do with the versions I downloaded. Both were the latest versions. Anyway being frustrated with retroarch I deleted the app and all files associated with it. Was there any folders for retrox that were named retroarch for any reason? Because if so I deleted it. I looked up my save files and sure enough I can see a file for skies of arcadia and resident evil 3. I did not change the names of any games. But none of these saves are available when I play the games now.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:26 pm

Try this clearing the data for the RetroX app, it will ask you to log in again, then it will download all your saves again.
If they still don't appear, check that the names for your games are the same that were uploaded to the server in http://login.retrox.tv
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:23 pm

Cleared all retrox data and then opened retrox again. I had point it to my games again since it said I had no roms. The name of the game is correct as well. Still when I open Skies of Arcadia I have no game saved.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190131-182124.png
Screenshot_20190131-182124.png (114.27 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
robj80

Postby robj80 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:38 am

All set problem is fixed! Clearing data didn't remove my saved files from my hard drive. So I went to the file manager and deleted everything and uninstalled retrox. I reinstalled it and then it downloaded my saves. Some reason after I installed the multiemulator file it downloaded the saves a second time. But now it is all working as it should. I was even able to pass the part in the game that was crashing the emulator. Thanks for all the help!

Return to “Troubleshooting”