Running RetroX without active connection

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
Lamaman1971`

Re: Running RetroX without active connection

Postby Lamaman1971` » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 pm

This might cease to be an issue when the Launchbox folks release their android front end.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/ ... ent-323518

Would be nice to use RetroX offline though as I've got it set up nicely now. I guess I will flip between the two depending on my travel arrangements.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:37 pm

2 1/2 years later and still no offline mode. I feel sorry for the people that are paying the subscription fee. At least I only paid 13 dollars for the broken promise concerning offline mode. Good luck folks. At least we have themes. Lol.
logane king

Postby logane king » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:27 pm

not sure what is happening to this post, but offline mode is needed, i had issues using my samsung dex thoughtout my external display purshased from amazon to enjoy while in the park after a barbecue party :( please help to grant at least 24h internet checking mode or random internet checking mode with minimum 24h background checking,
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 pm

Sorry to be the one to tell you.

The developer calls us "edge" cases. So in the world of Franco, we do not matter. The first year he kept telling us how it was just days away, but here we are still waiting.

If you are paying a yearly subscription, I would be very upset.

Here's hoping for a holiday miracle.
OneOfaKindDPC

Postby OneOfaKindDPC » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:41 pm

It is a tough pill to swallow that after 3 years, not only is this still not a feature, but there's no indication it is ever going to be a feature. Imagine needing to have an internet connection to play all your games that never even had an option to connect to the internet.... Don't worry though, retrox has themes now :roll:

Sorry to say this edge case has been forced to move on to other products.

So if you keep coming back here looking for hope, I advise you to check out launchbox. There's a bit more to the setup, but it's well worth it. More systems supported, no active internet required, and only a 1 time fee (which is set to be increased in the next major update).

Cheers!

P. S. I have no affiliation with launchbox
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:45 am

Good to see Franco is still ignoring his promise for an offline mode.

Return to “Features”