ODROID Running Android and RetroX

Compatibility and performance of existing hardware
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Hardware guide at http://retrox.tv/hardware
reubicon

ODROID Running Android and RetroX

Postby reubicon » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:58 pm

As I couldn’t find it in the Search I figured I’d add some info for the Odroid users out there as the place I just posted something wasn’t ideal.

I am running HardKernel Odroid N2+ with their own Android 9 Pie. So far RetroX has been running well so I decided to buy a two-year subscription to support Franco’s great work!

To be honest I only heard of RetroX from a company in the UK selling pre-configured Android boxes with RetroX and lots of games installed, but decided to build my own instead.

I have been struggling making Bluetooth gamepads work with the hardware but via USB they are fine and work well with RetroX. Maybe I need to stop buying cheap stuff off Wish! ;-)

Apart from that, I am focusing on Amiga games and have found a few sneaky fixes that I will post elsewhere. Looking forward to contributing to the forum here.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: ODROID Running Android and RetroX

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:25 pm

Note that many bluetooth controllers have different modes of operation, you need to pair it using Android, Gamepad or Keyboard mode, some of them come with iCade mode and that mode won't work with Android.

I have tested a lot of controllers and all of them work except for those that are PS3 and Nintendo Switch compatible, those are not standard bluetooth controllers.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Hardware”